Virtus Groups’ Startup Newsletter
Virtus Groups publishes weekly newsletters featuring some of the most interesting, unique, and rapidly growing startups in Canada. We tend to focus on emerging tech startups, but we maintain a broad interest in granting exposure to startups thriving in Canada’s many startup ecosystems. Startups we have featured have been able to reach their customers directly and a number have been directly contacted by VCs on foot of publication.
Our startup newsletter is produced entirely without charge, both to the companies we feature and our subscribers. We recognize that startups are very much internally focused in their early days as they hone their product/service. As a result they may not have the capacity to raise awareness of how they can help prospective customers or attract the investment which will allow them to grow their business at the speed necessary for success. The Virtus Groups startup newsletter allows startups the opportunity to reach out and tell the world what they are working on, what problems they want to solve, and what they will need to solve them.
The goals we look to achieve by publishing our startup newsletter are:
- Contribute to the startup community – As a startup ourselves, and given our close relationships with many startups, we wanted to raise awareness of the great work being done by organizations within the startup ecosystem.
- Improve our Content Marketing strategy – Publishing weekly news and insights on developments within the Canadian startup scene has placed Virtus Groups as a well-connected thought leader.
- Conduct on-going Market Research – Engaging with and writing articles on startups gives us regular updates on the challenges faced by high-growth companies and on the various trends which develop within emerging industries.
Being featured in the Virtus Groups’ startup newsletter comes with a low effort, but a high reward for the companies we feature. We ask startups to provide as much information on their company as they can and we take it from there.
- Develop Content – We engage with the startups we feature to learn the genesis story of their company, what early successes they have had, the backstory of their team, how they have fared while raising funds, and what the vision for the future of their company is.
- Develop our Audience – Our audience is made up of existent within the Vancouver startup scene, including accelerators, incubators, Angel investors, VCs, founders, and startup evangelists. Through persistent outreach via social media and organic engagement, there are now over 2,500 subscribers to our newsletter.
- Publish & Post – Each edition features three to four startups who have caught our eye that week, or who we think are deserving of more attention due to their rapid growth or innovative approach. Our finished newsletter is published through our website, sent directly to our subscribers, and shared with approximately 3,000 followers via our social media channels.
Virtus Groups have published 20 newsletters so far in 2020, championing the work of over 60 startups. We feel we have really shone a light on some of Canada’s most remarkable startups, attracting interest from investors to some who otherwise would not have had the time to approach funding partners.
We have increased our reach across all our social media platforms, and increased our subscriber count by double. Our newsletters have contributed substantially to this growth as it has established Virtus Groups as an influential player within the startup community.
Virtus Groups have established close relationships with companies we have featured which has led to conducting ongoing work together.